Should I Replace or Repair My Air Conditioning Unit?Posted on 12 May 2013 by Phillip J. Hans
This is a question that comes up a lot in the air conditioning industry. Everyone is trying to be cost-conscious these days and when it comes to repairing or replacing your air conditioning unit, here are a few tips to go by...
- your AC system is less than 13-years-old.
- has been maintained annually.
- the cost will be less than $400 to repair.
- it's in good operating condition.
- your air conditioning system is over 13-years-old.
- it will cost you more than $400 to repair.
- you've never had routine maintenance performed on the unit.
- it's deteriorating.
- your monthly utility costs are high.
- your AC unit doesn't comply with current safety standards.
These are just basic guidelines to go by if you are unsure of what to do. Your best option would be to speak to a heating and air conditioning company that you can trust.